Carpet provides cozy softness and added warmth underfoot, but it can also make your floors stain-prone. Even without children or pets, the occasional spill or smudge can quickly seep into the fibers and become a stain. Cleaning carpet stains may appear daunting, but with the right technique and cleaning solutions, even the most stubborn stains can be easily removed. The process for removing carpet stains is generally the same regardless of the type of spill.
Most of us will begin our workday in the office with a fresh cup of coffee as we treat our office workspace as our second home. Cleaning the carpets can be difficult, while employees can wipe or mop their own messes, there are times when office carpets will become severely stained.
Here are the three most common carpet stains in the office, as well as how to remove them:
1. Ink Stains: Pen ink stains cause significant carpet staining. Those of us who have had a single leak in our shirt pocket know that it is only the beginning of a major smear that is nearly impossible to remove. Here’s your first step in dealing with ink stains:
- Using a dry cloth, blot the spilled ink spot. To avoid spreading the ink, do not rub.
- Dip a clean, dry cloth into a solution of dishwashing liquid.
- Remove mud from the carpet: Mud is one of the few things that should be allowed to dry before attempting to clean it. It is simple to vacuum up mud after it has dried. Here are the steps to remove the mud stain
- Allow the mud to dry.
- Vacuum the area slowly to remove any loose dirt and debris. Vacuum in all directions to ensure that you have picked up everything.
- 1 teaspoon mild dishwashing detergent to 1 cup lukewarm water. Depending on the size of the stain, double this amount.
- Blot the solution into the carpet with a white cloth, switching towels as needed, until the stain is gone.
- Blot the area dry with a clean cloth or paper towels.
- Food and Coffee stains: When we take a break with our colleagues at work, we usually drink a cup of coffee, which frequently spills, or we eat lunch, which may also spill. Here are steps on how to deal with the food stain or coffee stains :
- Using a spoon, pick up any traces of food solids and avoid rubbing them on the carpet.
- 1 cup lukewarm water and 1 cup vinegar, dampened a clean white cloth
- Using the palm of your hand, blot the area dry.
- Repeat the blotting technique, but this time use a fresh, clean cloth.
Helpsters is the most reliable and efficient carpet dry cleaning company in Dubai. We have provided modern and up-to-date equipment to our staff in order to achieve the best results. If you’re looking for floor scrubbing in Dubai, give us a call.